Trains at Valley River Center

It was an exceptionally busy day at the local mall, Valley River Center. There’s a special children’s museum there to watch my children have membership. However on this day there were so many people there that there was a line and we were to come back in a few minutes. We decided to take a walk. And what would you know that we found! Trains!

The observation tower.
Trains all around!

Resetting OLAC Documentation

OLAC Documentation is a set independently evolving documents with their own version numbers. What if these documents evolved together in sync? would it make the process more manageable? What if the documentation looked different? More like modern documentation?

I like the following document presentation layouts:

Next step is to take the most recent versions of OLAC documents and convert them to markdown. This converter catches all the XML tags while others don't

On the list are:
And each of the extensions.
These need to be cast one way for devs and implementers of technology while another way for managers and archivists.

OLAC Validator Custom Messages

OLAC Validator custom messages can be created following these steps:

This is the software it uses for its validator: Ideally this would also be containerized with the other parts.

One approach to get this containerized might be to use this script (which is older and linux oriented)

Another option is to use:

If this service were implemented on a new server, with a web-interface we might expect to use a newer HTML front end.

here is what I found via gitub:

Darius looks more promising but neither are "out of the box" tools.

Fixing Brio

My parents got my brother and I Brio trains around 1984. Over the years some of those pieces broke and were repaired. Some of them got additional shades of pigment added. They survived through seven kids and now my two kids. Well almost survived.

Undoing previous repairs

Today I repaired three pieces by adding pegs. I made the pegs by drilling a 3/8” hole in a wooden ball I bought from a craft store. Then I glued in a dowel from the hardware store. Next I sanded the tip flat. Then I sanded the circumference of the ball to give clearance on the sides. Then I pre-drilled the track portion and dry-fit the pegs measuring the amount I needed both in the track and for appropriate connection to the next track piece. I then cut the dowel to proper size. Finally I glued the peg in with wood glue.

Dry-fit for usability.
Three fixed pieces