I like old type faces. I saw this one on the street sign in Finland.
Tag Archives: font
Katja and I had afternoon hot chocolate today. we talked about her work at school. She is learning about typography and letter height. Worm line, grass line, airplane line and cloud line. I showed her some of my work and some of the font things I’ve done and the font book we have here in the house.
Looking for a 19th Century Font
If anyone knows some good 19th century fonts please let me know...
Something like in this page.
A new to me font… CourierPrime
From time to time I look at fonts.
This one looks interesting and fun. I should check out its character repertoire.
SVG Fonts – the learning
SVG Font creation and usage
Today I have been working on an online CV. I needed a button for downloading a PDF version of a PDF. I wanted it to fit in with the Font Awesome and Academicons that my theme uses.
- Not all SVG files are created equally. - The first file I bought did not work with the font editor. But SVGs from the nounproject did.
- There is an online SVG font editor that worked really well for me.
Another issue for me was the text font. I needed to display some combining diacritics with a clear font.
- There are some really good resources for adding CSS code for font faces...
- I had to learn a little bit about web fonts.
- I wanted to use SIL's CharisSIL font but it is not available via Google Fonts as a web font (but other SIL fonts are: Andika, Gentium Basic, and Gentium Book Basic). So I had to use SIL's down-loadable version and host it locally.
- FontSquirrel is really a great way to look at the base characters in a font. But it does not show renditions of glyphs comprised of bases and combining diacritics.
Switching Themes after 8 years
Since 2005 I have used K2, a really nice minimalistic theme for WordPress. I especially liked the spacing and the fonts used. But alas I had two people tell me that it was hard to read posts on my blog. I set out to find a new theme which was more reader friendly (especially since I am having a few longer posts). I settled with Twenty Eleven.
So in a last adieu. Good bye K2. It has been good knowing you.