Useful links for public information
- Sewer Plans for properties: http://pwe.eugene-or.gov/PWESewerConn/SewerConnImageSearch.aspx - Splash Page
- Complaints which have been field with the city since July 1998: http://pdd.eugene-or.gov/CodeCompliance/ComplaintSearch
Older complaints and their context must be ordered from the city via a records request. The fee for this is $20.
- Permits (requests and grants) which have been field with the city since July 1998: http://pdd.eugene-or.gov/BuildingPermits/PermitSearch
Older permits must be requested from the city. There is generally a $20 fee for this, but having this history can be a great aid when looking at buying a property.
- Property class and information for the sales of property for the last three years:
- Deeds and Title Search:
- Zone and urbanization plan Map: http://lcmaps.lanecounty.org/LaneCountyMaps/ZoneAndPlanMapsApp/index.html
- Soil Map: (also here is a 1925 survey.)
- City Zoning Map (but not historical zoning):https://www.eugene-or.gov/1951/Zoning-Map
- Tax Record
- Tax lot records: https://lanecounty.hosted.civiclive.com/cms/One.aspx?portalId=3585881&pageId=5145461
- City code: https://www.eugene-or.gov/DocumentCenter/Home/Index/283 - Splash Page
- Residential Permits: https://www.eugene-or.gov/858/Residential Things that the city requires a permit to repair.
- City records are generally organized by address.
- County records are generally organized by map & taxlot number.
- I have found this blog article generally informative: https://craigtomlinson.biz/2013/03/04/buying-and-selling-duplexes-in-eugene-springfield-lane-county-oregon
- One way to indirectly evaluate contractors is to look at their closure rates on city permits. That is, how many permits have they successfully closed and is that typical for a contractor? How many have they left open?
Reading tax records and RLID
- When reading the building classification code this PDF explains the codes used.
Generally helpful documents if leasing your home in Eugene
- ADMINISTRATIVE ORDER NO. 53-05-02-F
- ORS CH 90